5 Common Roofing Problems
If you are a homeowner it’s very likely that you may find yourself in a situation where your roof requires a professional inspection. Roofs can breakdown due to deterioration, damage and more. In this article we will explore some of the main causes of roofing problems:
- Roofing leaks: A roof leak can be a major problem for the structural integrity of your roof. When roofing materials are damaged or they exceed their lifespan this could lead to water damage inside your roofing systems.
- Damaged sealant: The sealant around your skylight or flashing can often wear away with heat damage. When the sealant in the area is applied incorrectly or the sealant is exposed to heat this can often lead to cracks and more.
- Flashing falling away: After a storm or after major roofing repairs sometimes flashing can come away which can expose roofing materials to the elements. An experienced technician needs to provide a complete repair to these areas to keep them from falling away completely or exposing your roofing.
- Clogged drain or gutters: A clogged drain or gutter area could expose your roofing components. This could cause ongoing leaks as well as the growth of algae over time. Debris can cause an ongoing water flow issue that may lead to problems with your downspouts, foundation cracks and more.
- Mold growth: as vegetation starts to grow in gutters or along your shingles, this can lead to problems with your roofing materials pooling water or deteriorating your shingles. If this has the option to continue, your roofing materials will only continue to deteriorate with mold growth.
Be sure to check for these top signs of roofing problems before they become major structural issues in the future. By keeping an eye on these top common roofing problems, you can work at preventing major repairs in the future. Contact us today for a free roof inspection!