It’s not easy to understand home insurance. It’s crucial to fully understand your policy, and how it can or cannot help you if you have a damaged roof.
It can be hard to find the right answers because every policy is unique. Here are the Reggie Reed Roofing experts’ answers to your home insurance roof repair questions!
WHAT % OF MY HOME INSURANCE ROOF REPAIR COVERS?
It depends. It depends on the situation. Sometimes, you will get reimbursement for the entire cost of a new roof. Other times, you will only receive enough to cover a portion. These are the main factors that your insurer will consider when making a decision.
- The specifications of your policy – Your insurance policy might specify an amount that you are eligible to be reimbursed.
- Your roof’s age – An older roof may reduce the amount you receive in reimbursement.
- How severe is your roof damage? They may not pay for it if it’s a small job.
HOW DO I START A CLAIM TO DAMAGE?
As long as you’re prepared and well-informed, filing an insurance claim is not difficult. This is a list of steps you should follow when filing your claim.
- You should start the claim filing process immediately if you notice or suspect a problem with your roofing system. You may be responsible for additional damage that is not covered if you wait.
- Document the condition of your home. It’s a good idea to have some “before” photos as well to help you compare.
- Contact your insurance agent. They will help you understand your policy and help you connect with a roofing contractor so you can determine the costs and start the project.
- If necessary, make temporary repairs. Do whatever is necessary to protect your home and you. If your home is leaking heavily, do whatever you can to prevent more damage from happening. You may be reimbursed by your insurance company for any expenses.
- Your insurance company will provide you with a settlement offer. This “contract” is the final one that details how much you will receive for damage repair. You can request your insurance provider to revise the claim based upon new documentation if you are unhappy with the offer.
WHAT IMPACT DOES MY ROOF’S AGE HAVE ON IF MY HOME INSURANCE COVERS ITS ENTIRETY?
The age of your roof does not usually determine if roof repairs are covered. How much roof repairs will be covered.
Roofs with a life expectancy of 10 years or more will typically be eligible for a lower reimbursement. Roofs older 20 years or more will require an assessment at policy renewal.
What are the usual costs covered by my home insurance?
Your home insurance should cover any roof damage due to natural disasters. This can be different from one situation to another. This is a detailed breakdown of coverage according to circumstance.
HOME INSURANCE CAN GUARANTEE A LEAKAGE ROOF
Your home insurance may not cover the repair or cost of the roof leak depending on the reason. The repairs are most likely covered if the leak is due to a storm.
If the leak has been present for a while and there isn’t any evidence of a natural catastrophe causing it, it may not be covered. The insurance company believes there is too much chance that the leak could have been caused by normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
IS HOME INSURANCE ABLE TO GUARANTEE HAIL DAMAGE
Home insurance policies usually cover hail damage.
Hailstorms are more common in certain areas of the country. Some insurance companies will charge more or limit hail coverage in these areas to account for the increased risk. This is not a common practice, so make sure to check your policy for details.
IS HOME INSURANCE ABLE TO GUARANTEE STORM DAMAGE
Home insurance policies usually cover storm damage. All types of storms are covered, including lightning, hurricanes and tornadoes.
DO HOME INSURANCE GUARANTEE WIND DAMAGE
Home insurance policies usually cover wind damage. Depending on the extent of damage to your roof, you may be able to have a few shingles replaced or a new roof.
FALLEN TREE DAMAGE IS INCURRED BY HOME INSURANCE
Home insurance roof repair policies usually cover damage to fallen trees and debris. You will also be covered for any other damages caused by the fallen object. Flooding damages, for example, may be covered if a tree falls onto your home.
This all depends on how the tree was treated before it fell. It will be covered if it was completely damaged by a storm. It will not be covered if the tree was damaged or in bad condition. Insurance won’t likely cover a tree that is in poor condition (e.g., rotting) because of negligence.
HOME INSURANCE COVERS NORMAL WEAR & TEAR
Your home insurance roof repair does not cover roof repairs due to normal wear and tear. You will have to maintain your roof’s appearance and functionality over time.
The Reggie Reed Roofing specialists can help you with roof repair insurance. We will work with your insurance adjuster to ensure you have the best coverage. Also, we’ll make sure that your roof is properly repaired so you feel at home again. To get started, give our team at Reggie Reed Roofing a call or email us.
Do you have questions about who to choose for the best roofing services? Reggie Reed Roofing is a family-owned roofing company that is one of the best roof repair companies in Florida since 1978.
Services available that can be tailored to your needs:
- Roof Installation
- Roof Repair
- Shingle Roofs
- Tile Roofing
- Flat/Low Slope Roofing
- Metal Roofing
- Emergency Roof Repair
- Residential Roofing
- Commercial Roofing
We are proud to ensure you with the best possible inspections, repairs, and installations. Reggie Reed Roofing only uses the best quality materials and skilled roofing contractors. You can count on our professional contractors to help you with any repair or restoration project.
From the initial inspection to fulfilling the basic requirements and finally to providing a free estimate for your entire project, we are always happy to help. We are here to assist you with all your roofing needs. Contact us today, and we will send over a roofing expert to help you assess your roofing issue and check out what our previous clients have had to say HERE when it comes to our “Great work for a Great price”!